Thursday, December 1, 2011

Angel (Angel #1) by L.A. Weatherly

THE BLURB:
Willow knows she's different from other girls. And not just because she loves tinkering around with cars. Willow has a gift. She can look into people's futures, know their dreams, their hopes and their regrets, just by touching them. She has no idea where she gets this power from - But Alex does. Gorgeous, mysterious Alex knows Willow's secret and is on a mission to stop her. The dark forces within Willow make her dangerous - and irresistible. In spite of himself, Alex finds he is falling in love with his sworn enemy. 








The Review:

 I think it deserves a three-star rating and I will tell you why. I liked the idea of a different take about Angels, but the relationship between the two main characters was just not compelling, at least for me.

Angel was such a refresher from all the clichéd YA angel fictions nowadays. Its different take on Angels is a really intriguing and original concept. However, the story became a little dull in the middle part of the book when Alex and Willow acknowledged their feelings toward each other, because I was simply not absorbed. The lines were just too mediocre for my taste, thus unconvincing. And in my opinion, the author dragged their "cabin" moments a little too long that I start losing interest with the whole "saving the world from angels" plot.

And another thing, I feel like the climax didn't suffice. I mean, they've spent time pondering the whole "saving the world" shebang, but then in the end, when they finally had a way to destroy the angels, they found out that it doesn't really work? It's like they wasted time and effort for nothing. What's worse is that they didn't do anything about it. It's like: Oh well, it didn't work. Let's get out of here, then. Better luck next time!


Seriously?! :|


Okay, I apologize for ranting, I wasn't meaning to. But, too bad, I really liked the refreshing new concept of Angels; it could have been a great story, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment