Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

The Blurb:
The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend America, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand. 
Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the charming college co-ed. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his charms, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’ apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

The Review:


Oh Gawd. This book is soooooooo amazing! I heard it was good, but the truth is, it's beyond that! The story is so freaking addicting! I couldn't stop reading it that stayed up all night. I'd give it a 6-star rating if I could, seriously, I think 5-stars isn't enough. I completely fell head over heels with Travis! I want him so much it hurts! LOL. This is the kind of book that you'll devour every single page. The main character was never annoying, at least for me. She's the kind of protagonist that you'll never find yourself loathing because of some stupid mistake she did. In other words, she's not TSTL. She's made lots of decisions herself, but I found myself understanding her, thinking I'd make the same decisions if I were in her shoes. Annnnd, Travis is just so utterly sexy, cocky, and is sooo persistent. God, it wouldn't suprise me if I found myself reading this over and over and over again!! Looking forward to reading other novels from this author. I hope they're just as addictive! :)


Er, sorry for a fan-girly review. Will write a more coherent one soon. xD

No comments:

Post a Comment