Thursday, June 23, 2011

Everlasting (The Immortal #6) by Alyson Noel

The Blurb:
Everlasting is the sixth and final installment of the epic love story that has enchanted readers across the world. Ever and Damen have spent centuries facing down bitter rivals, jealous friends and their own worst fears-all in the hope of being together forever. Now in Everlasting, their destiny is finally within reach. 


Will they be united-or torn apart forever? Readers will finally discover the truth in this anxiously awaited conclusion! 







The Review:
Everlasting is the sixth and final book of The Immortals series. I'm not sure what to feel about it, I mean, am I happy that the drag of the story has finally ended? Or am I devastated that the series is over? Maybe I'm in the middle. In Evermore, I have actually become an avid fan of the series. And then there went Blue Moon, which I think, is also an exceptionally written book next to Evermore. I've lost the craze for this series after reading Shadowland, though I think it is not nearly as bad as Dark Flame. After reading Dark Flame though, I've completely lost it. I was totally annoyed on how the story went out of the main plot. I'm fretting about the drag of the story which made me skip the following book, Night Star. In Everlasting though, I can say that I'm very pleased on how the story progressed and ended. I admired how Ever had transformed from this shallow and annoying person (from the previous books), into a strong, independent, and determined girl. I like her persistence all through out the book, which has become fruitful (fruitful--ironic, i know!) in the end. Damen didn't had as much appearance in this book compared to the previous ones, because it's story is more on Ever's journey and her struggle to find the truth. I was fully satisfied with the ending, although it's a bit predictable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment