Monday, June 13, 2011

Die For Me (The Revenants #1) by Amy Plum

The Blurb:
My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.
Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.
Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.
Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.
While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?


The Review:


Well, for me, Die For Me is definitely a very romantic story about a depressed girl named Kate, whose parents died from a car accident, and Vincent, a Revenant whose mission in life is to save humans from death by risking theirs. I liked the uniqueness of this story as well as the originality of the characters in it. A couple of times I've heard and read novels about vampires, werewolves, shape-shifters, witches, and the like, but never have I stumbled upon hearing or even reading about Revenants. I loved how Amy Plum created an original plot rather than stick with the old and boring cliches. The setting is very romantic along with the most romantic guy (I mean revenant) that is Vincent. I noticed that the narration as well as both Kate & Vincent's words are a bit formal when it is supposedly be cute and sweet. I really liked it, but not enough for me to love it or adore it. So I give it a 4 out of 5 stars. 



This is how I pictured Kate and Vincent: 


No comments:

Post a Comment