Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick

The Blurb:
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along. 
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel. 
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.



The Review:
I've read a lot of reviews about this book. And among those reviews, only one caught my attention: "Hush, Hush is the next Twilight". At first, of course being an avid fan of Twilight, I thought it's completely ridiculous for someone to say that there is actually a book as enthralling as Twilight. So I went to read the book and see all the hype myself. During the first and second chapters, I was totally bemused because this book has a lot of similarities to Twilight. I even highlighted and bookmarked some of its likeness:


"The bell rang and Patch was on his feet, making his way toward the door."
Okay, I'm pretty sure I've read that from Twilight. When Edward was on his way toward the door just as the bell rang. Agreed?


"I have a new biology partner."
And Edward is Bella's Biology Partner. Pretty much the same huh?


"I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but something about Patch wasn’t right. Something about him wasn’t normal. Something wasn’t … safe."
And Bella thought Edward's dangerous as well but she doesn't know how or why he's dangerous in the beginning, right?


My pulse edged up a degree. “I’m not scared of you.”
Oh come on! Who wouldn't remember that line from Twilight?


Ten minutes later the computer secured a dial­up connection to the Internet, and I typed “angel wing scars” into the Google search bar.
I know Bella didn't actually used Google Search, but the internet as a reference? That is so Bella.


Okay, enough of the quotations, you get the point, right? But really, don't get me wrong. I can finally breathe by the time I finished chapter 3 cause Hush, Hush has finally gave out the innuendo of a whole different story to redeem itself. There are some similarities to Twilight, but both books are actually different pertaining to its plot. I found myself craving for more as I read from page after page of this book. Patch is a fallen angel (in case you haven't noticed from the cover yet). He's totally the kind of guy I've always drooled for. The sexy, cocky, bad-boy-type fallen angel who constantly teased Nora. And unlike Bella, Nora is not an introvert. She has a happy-go-lucky best friend named Vee. And she hated Patch at first because of his arrogance. But she find herself drawn to him and she doesn't know why. There are lots of twist and turns in this story, which is totally unpredictable, at least for me.


Hush, Hush is the type of book that a YA reader will definitely devour, most especially Twilight fans. I'm not ashamed to say that I am completely captivated by this book. Hush, Hush has been included on my all-time-favorites shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment